This report covers a collection of incidents reported from Might 9 to Might 16 as recorded within the Stanford College Division of Public Security (SUDPS) bulletin. Study extra in regards to the Clery Act and the way The Day by day approaches reporting on crime and security right here.
This story accommodates references to sexual battery.
Tuesday, Might 9
- Between 9 p.m. on Might 2 and 9 a.m. on Might 3, grand theft of an electrical bicycle was reported at Potter Home.
- Between 8 p.m. on Might 8 and three p.m. on Might 9, petty bicycle theft was reported at Tresidder Memorial Union.
- At an unknown time between Might 4 and Might 9, motorized vehicle theft was reported at Tresidder Memorial Union.
- Between 4 p.m. on Apr. 8 and 9 a.m. on Apr. 9, petty bicycle theft was reported at Escondido Village Studio 6.
Wednesday, Might 10
- At 11 p.m. on Apr. 18, petty theft was reported at Tresidder Memorial Union.
- Between 9:26 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., an try to acquire cash by false pretenses was reported at Storey Home.
Thursday, Might 11
- Between 4:35 p.m. and eight:30 p.m. on Might 4, grand theft from a constructing was reported at Previous Union.
- Between 9 p.m. on Might 8 and eight a.m. on Might 9, grand theft of an electrical bicycle was reported at Maples Pavillion.
Friday, Might 12
- At 12:45 a.m., petty theft was reported at Previous Union.
- At 3:23 a.m., grand theft of a bicycle together with giving a false identification to a parole officer, disorderly conduct, conspiracy to commit a criminal offense and possession of illegal paraphernalia was reported at Jerry Home.
- At 5:29 a.m., disorderly conduct whereas intoxicated with alcohol was reported on the Mechanical Engineering Lab.
- Between 9 p.m. on Might 10 and 9 a.m. on Might 11, vandalism was reported at Hundred Block.
- Between 5 p.m. on Might 11 and 10 a.m. on Might 12, second-degree housebreaking and institutional breaking and getting into was reported on the McMurtry Constructing.
- At 1:10 p.m., intimately touching of an individual in opposition to their will for sexual arousal was reported at Encina Commons.
With respect to the incident of non-consensual intimate contact for sexual arousal, SUDPS spokesperson Invoice Larson wrote in an announcement to The Day by day that “sexual fondling is assessed in California as a misdemeanor. It’s not thought of a violent offense, which might make the crime a felony (corresponding to sexual assault or rape).”
Saturday, Might 13
- At 1 a.m., petty theft of an electrical scooter was reported at Stern Corridor – Twain East.
- Between 8:31 a.m. and eight:40 a.m., disorderly conduct with the offering of false info to a peace officer was reported at 450 Jane Stanford Approach.
The incident of disorderly conduct was referred to the Santa Clara County District Lawyer (DA) for assessment. Based on the SUDPS assertion, arrests that have been made in connection to this incident have been referred to the DA, who will resolve on whether or not or to not formally file prison expenses.
Sunday, Might 14
- At 2:26 p.m., disorderly conduct together with id theft was reported at Munger Graduate Residence Constructing 4.
Monday, Might 15
- At 5:30 a.m., vandalism was reported at Hundred Block.
- Between 8 p.m. on Might 14 and eight a.m. on Might 15, grand theft of an electrical bicycle was reported at Governor’s Nook Griffin Home.
- At 10:26 p.m., an annoying cellphone name together with a risk to intimidate and stalk was associated at Escondido Village 2 Constructing 93.
- At 12 p.m., vandalism was reported at Inexperienced Earth Sciences.
- At an unknown time between Might 13 and Might 15, vandalism was reported on the intersection of Galvez Road and Nelson Street.
- Between 5 p.m. on Oct. 27, 2022 and 5 p.m. on Nov. 1, 2022, petty bicycle theft was reported on the Lokey Chemical Biology Constructing.
Based on a SUDPS assertion, the incident of an annoying cellphone name to intimidate and stalk refers back to the provisions of the California Penal Code about “revenge porn” and “prison stalking.”
Tuesday, Might 16
- At an unknown time between Might 13 and Might 16, vandalism was reported at Palm Arches.